volver.

photo via Film des Monats
photo via Follow me now
Have you seen the movie Volver directed by Pedro Almodovar
It was one of the movies that everyone from my friends have watched it except me, so the time came to watch it for me as well.
And I really really loved it! The last movie directed by P. Almodovar that I've seen, All about my mother, and this one, Volver somehow connected in my mind. The role of the women is so strong in both movies. And here women's love, self-sacrifice and death are joint together. 
My favorite scene was the one in the second photo, when Raimunda and her mother was sitting on the bench talking about the past. It was the moment of honesty, of releasing the past and I noticed a funny detail that the paintings behind are so bright and intense, like the background of the whole story, like the past that haunt both characters.
I really recommend you to watch it! Here's the trailer.
Brilliant!
There are always things undone. Or bad done. And my life has been no exception. Look, I don't know if I can fix them, but if I can, it's up to me to do it. 
xoxo
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment