have a resolutionary weekend.

photo via Kitten Sneezes
It's official - 20 days past since it is 2012.
Remember my blog post about trying something new for 30 days? 
I'm curious - are you still keeping your New Year's resolutions on track? 
You have 10 days to go and then your resolution will probably stick to a habit!
As for me, I have just understood that all resolutions I made were connected to Lithuania, connected to my life there and I can only start them, when I will be back home. 
So yesterday I just thought that is somehow wrong. It seems like my life will begin from scratch, when I will come back - and now I'm in a permanent stage, waiting for something to happen, something to begin later. Like in a cinema, watching the trailers before the real movie starts.
But the thing is - nothing happens if you don't give a chance something to happen, if you don't try to make it happen. Everything needs your effort, so why not use them to say to yourself that you must try something new, something you wouldn't have done before instead of complaining about your life or saying that you can not do it? It sounds easy, I know, though it isn't and that is the hardest part.
Think about one thing you are really scared to do, but you really want to (I mean not like bungee jumping, but like telling a good joke to the huge group of people that you do not know or kissing the person you really really like).
Now think about the worst scenario that could happen.
Ok, you fail.
Then what? You are probably embarrassed for couple of days, thinking "f*ck, I shouldn't have done it!! I'm just a f*cking idiot!!".
But what is the most important thing is that this is the way you learn to let it go. 
You have to learn not to be mad on yourself because of trying. 
Only trying can lead us to getting.
So now my new resolution here, in Nuremberg is to.. noooooooo, it's a secret :)!
Have a resolutionary weekend!

P. S. No, wait! I can show you one thing (so you don't think it's only words that I wrote..) I did yesterday although I was completely terrified to do it in such a public place!!
Remember when I told you about planking? So here's the stage-plank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
We went to a concert yesterday and we did this planking on the stage right after it ended! There was many people around watching us, so I felt kind of crazy because no one understood, what we were doing!
A big thank you for my lovely friend Lenka, who was completely amazing and did this planking with me and did not said a word that I'm perhaps a bit mad, haha!!!!! And of course, Daniel, who made the photo!!!
Although I felt really embarrassed at that moment, we look so funny in the picture that I'm absolutely glad we did it!!!!!!
Have a good (planking) weekend,
xoxo
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment