explore. dream. discover.

photo via Paintinghere
photo via Wikipaintings
Have you heard about Google Art Project? I've found it last spring - it's such a wonderful way to use new technologies to explore art!
You can find more than 1,000 works of art there, like Vincent Van Gogh (one of my most beloved painters!) or Rembrandt (the second painting, "The return of prodigal son", I remember from my art classes, when I was at school. This painting is very very sensual, it somehow has a spirit that leaves a mark on my heart everytime I see it. Father is somehow shining with humility and forgiveness - it's amazing, how you can feel it.) paintings, you can explore the most famous galleries of the world, like Palace of Versailles, Tate Gallery in London, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and many others!
And what is more, you can save specific views of any of the artworks and build your own personalized collection! How amazing is that, ha? Comments can be added to each painting and the whole collection can then be shared with friends, family or on the web using the integrated goo.gl URL shortener.
Now that is something you must try!
xoxo,
Ak.
P. S. a bit off topic: when I saw the poster of the new Woody Allen movie, I was absolutely in love with it - beautiful idea to use Vincent Van Gogh painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment