satellites of moon.


When I first moved into the appartment I‘m living now, I thought „God, no swallows live on the roof.“. And that was one of the reasons I didn‘t felt like home here. There are always some swallows living at my parents house roof. And I remember they were living at my grandparents as well: right under the main doors they had a nest and we were watching the little baby heads weaping when „the parents“ come back with the food for them. When you are a kid, such things look like miracles:).
I was fighting with the pigeons the half year (they want to make our balcony their territory. And I‘m like this.). Then I went to Germany, where from my window I could see some black birds (have no idea, what were these birds) and some dark squirrels (have no idea about it as well. Once I saw it climbing THE WALL. I‘ve just ignored what my eyes saw.).
And now I came back and it really felt like home. I think you really have to give time to be friends with your appartment. You have to have memories about it. Just like I remember sitting with my best friend in the balcony last summer and it was so cozy and fun. Or the time we were celebrating New Year and somebody got the make up on my WHITE wall. Or the time we were playing the board game with my friends, but the rules were so complicated that we had no idea what we were doing. So we end up laughing about it that if you want to end up the game and put it in the box – wait, you have to do it by the rules. You take the dice, only when you get 6, you can move your figure until it gets to the blue square, then you have to get a card, the third from these cards without numbers, etc etc.
But this morning I was having a breakfast in my balcony (after a fight with pigeons. They are good warriors, damn it.) and guess what? The swallows now lives in our house! Isn‘t it amazing?? I can‘t believe it. I mean, how do they choose where to live in? I always thought that if they were living in one house, they always get back in the same one. Well.. maybe they live where the good people live, haha.
Stranger and stranger, like madam Butterfly once said:).
Now it really feels like home when I hear them squawking by my windows. That sound is the sound of home for me.
And it is funny, how your thoughts come true. Have a sunny day and..well, be careful what you wish for:)!

xoxo
Ak.

P. S. haha, damn true!
P. S. P. S. oooh, I would love to have this tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment