the Office.

photo via Pinterest
Now when I have to study, I always start watching TV-series. Very productive.
Anyway, I was watching The Office (wow, the list of awards!) for a long time and I have to say it's the best TV series ever! I love it!
You have to see at least 10 series, so you get the picture and start getting the jokes. But when you do, it's soooooooo funny. 
I think it's mostly funny not because of situations, but because the strong characters. The alcoholic, the gay guy, the cat lady, the slow guy... Dwight is another story. And Steve Carell is soooo good (That's what she said is perhaps the best joke ever made.)! He plays a manager Michael Scott who always wants to be better than other people, but he's so bad at work that he just offends people in order to feel better than they are. While I was watching the first episodes, I was like "it's not funny, he's sooo offensive!", but later on when you get to see the whole idea, it's brilliant!

Here's another joke I heard yesterday in season 7 episode, when Michael (Steve Carell) wanted to ask his colleague if she has a boyfriend, but he was too shy:

Phyllis (Michael always highlights that she is fat): Michael, I can talk to her.
Michael: You think she would talk to you about it?
Phyllis: Why wouldn't she?
Michael: Yeah, you're right... She's so nice, she talks to anybody...
xoxo
Ak.


No comments:

Post a Comment