try something new for 30 days.

photo via Pinterest
The summer is becoming more and more autumnal and while seeing the leaves painting yellow, the evenings getting colder, I couldn't help but wonder: where did the time go?
And at these moments I always start to think about what I haven't done instead about what I did. So I've recently understood that it may be one of the problems of my low self-confidence. I always blame myself and I always feel kind of self-pity for many things. And that's the worst thing I could do. The more you regret yourself, the more you think you can't change anything and in this way you get stuck in a circle.
I've read some articles about self-confidence building and, although this article is not very sensational, I've discovered that I really never focus on gratitude. The problem is that I always feel grateful for something what I did only when I do it perfectly, the way I wanted it to be done. So usually I'm not satisfied with the result. And then I realized only one thing can change this.
A list. Making a list always makes you appraise the things you've done, because you see how much you've reached.
But there was another problem. I didn't have enthusiasm to try something new. When you focus too much on what you want, the mind creates reasons why you can’t have it. This was the question I couldn't answer.
One evening while discussing some topics with my friends, one friend of mine reminded me a good website ted.com, where you can find tons of amazing speeches of famous scientists or other inspirational people. So I've watched some videos and this one I want to share with you.
The video is very short, but you can hear there the most important idea. Try something new for 30 days. When you challenge yourself, you gain more self-confidence and that's the main key to build self-confidence. The interesting fact was that small changes are more likely to stick. So I stopped and thought. I've already did something for 30 days. I've started blogging. And I didn't quit.
It's working! So I have one question left now. What you're waiting for??

xoxo,
Ak.

3 comments: