[...] oh you look so beautiful tonight

photo via Pinterest
Today is raining here, in Vilnius, but still it's not the reason to stay at home. While showing my favorite spots in Vilnius for my cousin, I felt like exploring some new places, although it is the same city I've already lived in for 2 years.
Strange, how this city can get millions of faces - each time different when you are exploring it with the different person. Sometimes it's breath-taking - you look at it from the top of the hill and you see plenty of different roofs and your friend next to you says how he believes in fate, that we are meant to meet some people that we know now. Sometimes it's lovely, like the moments when you sit in a small cafe in the oldtown and watch smiling people sitting next to your table and your friend sitting next to you says what a delightful weather to be happy.
But most of all I love Vilnius when I'm alone wandering in some quiet little street of an old-town with a warm cup of coffee in my hand, while hearing noises of rushing city somewhere behind and looking to the window-cases, to the trees and to the sky. At that moment I feel absolutely calm and peaceful. This is Vilnius that I'm most close to, this is the face of this city that charms me, my lovely city of blinding lights, which full moon's and dark lonesome sky's evenings sometimes seems unbearable.
xoxo,
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment