first summer weekend.

After my semester exams it was the first summer weekend that I could have. So me and my family went to see the aurochs (more info in lithuanian here) kept in captivity near my hometown and to roast some shashlik in the fireplace somewhere in the nature. Later I joked with my friends that guess, which kind of meat did we eat, haha. Just joking, really. Actually there are only 30 aurochs left in Lithuania and 20 more are kept in this park - aurochs are included in the international Red book as a threatened species. They are the most bulky wild animals in Europe! Look at them:

After that we were searching for some fireplace to roast shashlik. I'm not sure if you ever tasted it, but it's one of my favorite meals. My sister knows how to prepare the best shahslik meat ever! I'll ask for her recipe later.
Anyway, here's some beautiful places we've found. It's one of the things I love about Lithuania - it's the enormous fields with a sharp line of horizon. I adore it. Especially in summer.
And here's the place we've found by a quarry:
Can you see a tiny plane in this photo? He was so down to earth!
And then we spontaneously went to Paberžė. It's a lovely village where one famous and inspiring priest once lived. That's a cute and very lithuanian village:
So that's it. Hope you already started your summer!
xoxo
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment