traveler's gift guide.

 photo via Pinterest
I've already talked about finding a present for Christmas, now I thought about finding a traveler's gift.
When I was leaving Germany, I found it really hard to pick up the presents for everybody, so I just came up with the idea - what would be the universal gifts from the journey?
Here's what I think:
  • It's always nice and easy to buy some jewelery for your girlfriends (I loved this store!) - it's very lovely to wear something from abroad and when someone says "that's a nice bracelet!", she can answer "my friend brought me from England." or whatever. And it's not because it's a chance for you to brag about it - it's more like every time someone notice it, you remember your friend and you remember that country and what they told you about it, because - obviously, it was the first time you met her/him after her/his journey:).
  • Another gift could be a book - especially written by the classic author of that country (for example, a book of H. Hesse from Germany.). The only disadvantage is that perhaps you will have to find it in English and that may be a problem. I had an idea of finding a cookbook with German food specialties for one of my friend, who loves cooking. But then I realized that the names of the products, which are very specific, will be a hard work for her. So I decided that you can always end up with a nice cover notebook:). As she loves traveling, I took a traveler's journal for her - this one looks very nice as well.
  •  As I searched the souvenir stores, I found a very adorable dark red scarf for men with a little Bavarian blazon on the edge - it's very practical and it looked stylish. But I was a little too late - unfortunately, it was sold out when I finally decided to buy it. Anyway, a scarf or a nice T-shirt with some national details on it (just like this one, haha!)is always practical and I find it nice as a gift as long as it looks not too souvenirish - sometimes it's just a kitch.
  • Another item from a souvenir store I would suggest - a wine or a beer opener. It's very practical, you can be 100% sure that your friend is going to use it, it's simple and most important - you can always find some cool design decisions with some national attributes, just like this one. And you can always add some fine wine or beer along with it:).
  • When you are stuck and can't think about anything to buy for someone - food is always an option. In every country you can find food specialties store (just like this one - Käseladen), where you can pick up some interesting and delicious things. And if you can't find anything there - chocolate and candies are always the answer (it may even be with some national attributes as well - chocolate from Russia!).
These are 5 tips for travelers, who are looking for gifts, I hope they helped somehow!
And always remember - even when you are already leaving - it's how every travel happens:).
xoxo
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment