have a jazzy weekend.

photo via 1940s.org
What are you up to this weekend, my darlings? 
I don't have much plans, only to study and prepare for seminars - I have soooo much to do for university, that's why the blog posts aren't appearing so regularly as I would like to.
Anyway, on Sunday my best friend come to visit me from Bremen and I'm sure, we are going to have a wonderful evening all together with my besties as we also have to celebrate her upcoming birthday!
Funny thing, last year her birthday was legendary, haha! Her aunt told her earlier that she's going to get married in 2011, so we all made her birthday with the theme Lithuanian wedding - it was so funny, because she didn't expect that! We prepared all traditions of the wedding and we even sang a Lithuanian song for the wedding and one friend played the accordion! I believe that it was amazing surprise for her:).
And one other thing that keeps me from writing the blog more often is that I started dancing lindy hop
Have you heard of that? 
It is an African-American dance that evolved in Harlem, New York City in the 1920s and '30s and originally evolved with the jazz music of that time
I love love love it!!!
I'm starting being obsessed with that! 
Actually at first, I was really lazy to go to the first class. I registered while being in Germany and when I came back I was slightly sorry that I did. 
But after the first lesson, I'm glad I tried it! 
I'm not really good at it, because others have already learned the whole month and I have to catch up with all they have learned, but you know, I try my best:).
I like it because it is so free, you liberate your body and there are lot of space for your imagination, but at the same time it has a strong structure.
Here's a very nice performance, take a look!
And have a jazzy weekend!
xoxo
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment