everyone I've never got to know.

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers.
And I always always loved this quote.
It really happens to me often that completely strangers help me (even sometimes I don't even ask for help). And today I thought about every stranger, who helped me here, while staying in Nuremberg, or just said something nice and it is quite a list.
  • The guy, who sat next to me in the bus, when I was going to Germany and who all night long was covering me with my plaid, which I happened to take away from myself over and over again while I was sleeping although it was completely cold without it.
  • The man, who asked me the way, but it was only my second day in Nuremberg, so I didn't know anything and then we had a little chat by the traffic-lights and he told me that he was once in Lithuania and he really enjoyed it.
  • All the nice people, who were buying food for the whole year perhaps, haha, but who give way line to me, because I had far more less products in my bag.
  • A guy standing in a line with me (although I was after him!), who asked me, what I was waiting for and then showed me another office, where I could get my papers done without waiting in a line.
  • The taxi driver who sent me a letter with my semester ticket that I lost in his car.
  • The grandma, who I met on New Years night, when I had no idea, how I'm going to get home, because I was completely lost, but although she didn't help me (at the end actually I helped her), she was very nice and I felt much much better when I had someone to talked to.
  • The bus driver, who on the same evening told me, how I should get home although I didn't ask him, because I was thinking that he won't know (because none of the other bus drivers knew that).
  • The women in the shop, who had no idea, what I need (I needed a pillow, but as I didn't find it on the shelves, I was actually asking where is another shop near, where I could buy it) and I had no idea, what was she telling me, but suddenly she brings it too me from the warehouse (and I was looking for it the whole week!).
  • The two guys, who were standing with me for half an hour in the corridor trying to translate, what the administrator of the dorm (who speaks unbelievably incomprehensible bavarian) says to me and trying to translate him what I want to ask! Although after 30 minutes nothing - absolutely NOTHING - was clear and I was in the same misery as I was before, I was still very thankful for their effort.
  • The saleswoman, who smiled at my bank card (most salespeople do that here or at least stare at it for a while because well, my card is extraordinary :) it looks so funny, really!) and asked me where did I get such a cool card.
And yesterday it was really funny. I got lost while going to the restaurant, where I had to meet my buddy and while I was wandering already for 20 minutes around the same place (in a cold!) and didn't have money to call, and already asked some people, who couldn't help me, a guy came to me and asked if I needed help. It was funny later, because I can only image how desperately I should have looked so that someone COMES to me and asks just like that, hahaha. But anyway, I needed help, it was true and he was so nice and got me to the place.
I really wish someday all these people get something in return.
Because, you know, if I can't send them, for example at least this (what a lovely idea!), karma should definitely figure out something for them :).
xoxo,
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment