Museum Of Melancholy

Tomorrow I will go the town of Telšiai, where I have spent my most magical days in my childhood - a place, where my grandparents used to live and where I have had most of my greatest holidays.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery once said I don't know if I lived after my childhood ended.
It's very drastic saying, but I also believe that childhood is very important to us and those memories are somehow essential and pure.
Being in a town, where many of my childhood memories happened, makes me feel kind of secure. I remember plenty of things. I remember how I loved going with my sister and my cousin to a wide meadow of flowers near our house, picking flowers and sitting on the hill. I remember going through that meadow in the evenings to our neighbor, to buy some fresh milk and how we loved eating biscuits with milk in the kitchen. I remember going to the lake in the early morning, when another hot day is just about to begin and wearing our swimsuits under our clothes. I remember swimming with my sister and my cousin in the lake and pretending we were dancing "Swan Lake" although at that time I didn't even know how to swim.
And when you visit such place, where lies your memories, it seems like you visit the museum of melancholy. It somehow confirms you that it really happened the way you remember it.

xoxo,
Ak.

No comments:

Post a Comment