Happy Mindaugas Coronation Day!

 photo via miestai.net and anastasija.lt

Today is a national holiday in Lithuania - in years 1253 Mindaugas, Grand Duke of Lithuania, was crowned the first (and unfortunately, the last) king of Lithuania.
For me this day associate with Festival of Songs and Dances, which usually also takes place in the beginning of July. (in 2003 this event was even included in UNESCO cultural heritage lists!)
In 2007 for the first time I was taking part in this event as a participant and I must say it was indescribable feeling to stand in the crowd of 36600 people and sing one song after another. I remember seeing dark green trees and rain in front of the stage and it seemed like we all were singing for someone out there, someone greater than me, than people who stand beside me, than people altogether...


Happy Mindaugas Coronation Day, my dears!
xoxo,
AK.

No comments:

Post a Comment